[scribus] Version 1.6

Stephen Tiano steve at tianobookdesign.com
Mon Nov 2 03:40:24 UTC 2015

So I’m a book designer/layout artist the past 24 or so years. I’ve mostly used QuarkXPress and InDesign, but I’ve familiarized myself with Scribus version 1.4.4.

Over the last 7 or 8 years my clients have pretty exclusively been self-publishers. So I got to thinking that a book of both ruminations and making book design choices, as well as how-to tutorials for self-publishers to design and lay out their own books might be in order. And as self-publishers very often work on shoestring budgets, what better software than open source Scribus.

I started with version 1.4.4, taking screenshots. Then I put the project down, as I got busy woring on books. I’m now back to having time to write this book. And i’m thinking that, ideally, I want to use the latest version of Scribes. Well, 1.5 is not stable, I’m told. I wonder when 1.6 will be ready and whether it’ll be dfferent enough to warrant waiting for it, rather than writing the book using 1.4.4 or 1.5 for screenshots and step-by-steps?

Thank you.

Steve Tiano

Stephen Tiano
Book Designer, Page Compositor & Layout Artist

tel. & fax: (631)284-3842 / cell: (631)764-2487
Skype: stephentianobookdesigner
FaceTime: Stephen Tiano
email: steve at tianobookdesign.com

website: http://www.tianobookdesign.com
blog: http://tianobookdesign.com/blog
twitter: http://twitter.com/StephenTiano

Facebook: Stephen-Tiano-Freelance-Book-Designer-Page-Compositor-Layout-Artist
LinkedIn: Stephen Tiano