[scribus] The program gimp is missing!

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Sat May 30 09:23:22 UTC 2015

I’m working on transferring existing Microsoft Publisher files to Scribus format, so as to be able to switch responsibility for editing between Windows and OS X (and possibly Linux).

Having opened an existing file in version 1.5.0, I tried to open an image file for editing, and got the message above.

I routinely use GIMP for image manipulation on my Mac, and it’s installed in the Applications folder in the conventional manner.

I can’t find a configuration setting in Scribus’s menu to change the path to GIMP.

Michael