[scribus] Tacky guides

Vladimir Savic vladimir.firefly.savic at gmail.com
Wed May 27 19:40:39 UTC 2015

JLuc,

It great in theory, but barely useful in practice. It you have a few object
more then Alexandre's document (watch video demonstration), it's more of
annoyance then it is of any help. There should be even an option to force
snapping skip individual objects nested in groups, very useful for imported
PDFs with text converted into curves, for example.

While Inkscape lacks snap to objects, as it is implemented in Scribus,
Scribus could have guides that snap to object while being dragged, as it is
in Inkscape. I remember talking to Chelen about that a long time ago, but I
don't remember why it isn't implemented. There must be a valid valid reason
for that, I'm sure.

Vlada