[scribus] The future of our website

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Tue May 26 06:18:50 UTC 2015

Hi gang,

1.5.0 has been officially announced, and the new website is online. I have also sent the announcement to our press contacts around the globe, as well as our sponsors/partners. My heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone who made this release possible!

Softpedia has already published an article, which is being referred to on reddit.

On to the future of the website: The main reason I asked Carsten Liersch to design the new website, apart from his skills, was his modesty, accompanied by a general kindness and generosity, as Craig may have noticed as well. After a few email exchanges I already received invitations by Carsten and his wife to attend a Jazz concert in their house, and also bring wife and children with me, including the offer to stay over night, if need be.

Hence my suggestion to make Carsten our webmaster and to invite him to join the Team. He absolutely likes Scribus -- the idea and its incarnation -- and would be glad to help. Moreover, Carsten cannot only help with the website, but also create test files (or send us old test files from his company's archive) that would help with improving our (or DLP's) import filters. He has already donated a collection of PageMaker, XPress and FreeHand files to DLP for use in a test suite.

What do you think? I haven't asked Carsten to join yet, but if you all agree to invite him, I'd try my best to get him on board.

Christoph