[scribus] Scribus crashes (was scribus Digest, Vol 86, Issue 21)

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sun May 24 13:21:32 UTC 2015

On Sun, 24 May 2015 07:26:11 -0400
David Burleigh <david.burleigh at gmx.com> wrote:

> The latest version 1.5 update crashes due to
> signal #6 when opening a file that use to open
> perfectly. What can I do? Just wait for the
> next update? Or can I re-install the previous
> version?
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

I update my 1.5.x svn version nightly. But I save
copies of the latest version once a
week and once a month. That way I can back up to
one of two saved version if as sometimes happens
the latest svn blows up. I was unsuccessful in
compiling a specific version of 1.5.0, but if
1.5.0 is to be released I can download that from
the website and presume that it is reasonably
stable.

If you use linux I can send you a copy of my
latest successful version. It is 1.5.1 but it
works for me.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press