[scribus] Reach Text/Document Attributes through Scripter

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Thu May 21 15:43:31 UTC 2015

On Thu, 21 May 2015 12:23:41 +0200
Rolf-Werner Eilert <eilert-sprachen at t-online.de>
wrote:

> Hi John,
>

> Am 19.05.2015 21:55, schrieb John Culleton:
>
> > Scripting in Scribus is limited to Python
> > which IMO is a pity. If Tcl/Tk or any
> > arbitrary C language program were usable I
> > could come up with many new ideas. IMO Python
> > belongs in a Zoo dedicated to such reptiles.
> > I have written two python scripts for book
> > cover design but no one has deigned to
> > include them in the distribution.
> >

> By the way, what would you think about Gambas?
> It's actively supported and under constant
> development, and nearly everyone able to write
> a script can easily write code in a BASIC
> dialect. Moreover, this language can be easily
> adapted/extended to comprise specialties like
> in a DTP program, and working with strings is a
> charme. Gambas is also very reliable, it
> includes a non-GUI interpreter and has been
> extended by objects and inheriting. If you are
> interested:
> http://gambas.sourceforge.net/en/main.html
>
> The only drawback would be that up to now it's
> Linux-only, but is there a Python in Windows?
>
> Rolf
>

> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

Python runs on Windows I am reasonably sure.
Otherwise Scribus scripts wouldn't work on
Windows.

I am going in a different direction.
I wonder if the Scribus functions that
are accessible through Python only work with
Python or if programs whose output is compiled C
code could be called and then could call these
functions? In other words I want to get away from
interpreter languages altogether.

Tcl/Tk has that ability to work with C language
compiled modules.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press