[scribus] Latest 1.5.1 fails when saving PDF

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Thu May 21 14:54:37 UTC 2015

On Wed, 20 May 2015 23:11:16 +0200
Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info> wrote:

> > On 20 May 2015, at 23:07, John Culleton
> > <john at wexfordpress.com> wrote:
> >
> > I usually use the latest nightly svn of 1.5.x
> > when doing my work. But I always have a week
> > old copy and a month old backup version if,
> > as can be expected from time to time, the
> > latest version has a problem.
> >
> > Using last night's version everything went
> > fine until I tried to save a pdf file but
> > then Scribus crashed. Fortunately the Scribus
> > autosave file was available. I renamed this
> > file and opened it using my weekly backup
> > version which had the date of May 17 2015. I
> > added in the last few strokes to the image
> > and saved as pdf. That was successful.
> >
> > I leave it to others to see why this might
> > have occurred (I have two deadlines to meet
> > today and tomorrow) but I just wanted to give
> > the community a heads up. The May 20 version
> > of 1.5.1 crashes when you try to save an
> > X:1-a pdf file. So use an earlier version if
> > you have it or even 1.4.x. for new work.
> >
> > —
>

> John - you are actively using 1.5.x for
> production. Please stay with 1.5.0 (r20099 at
> the latest). We will be breaking things in
> 1.5.1. PDF production is undergoing a complete
> rebuild as will many other major areas.
>
> Craig

My problem with 1.5.1 got fixed overnight.

But following your advice I have two questions:

1. Is 1.5.0 semi-stable (no major work being done
on it)?

2. Below is the line in my script that downloads
the latest version of 1.5.x overnight. How do I
modify it to to get only 1.5.0 version 2099?
svn co svn://scribus.net/trunk/Scribus s150
s150 is the name of a folder of course

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press