[scribus] 'Tête-Bèche', 'Upside-down' or 'reversible' book pages

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Mon May 11 12:20:13 UTC 2015

On Mon, 11 May 2015 10:53:23 +0200
Eric Hanuise <eric.hanuise at flatlinedgames.com>
wrote:

> On 11/05/15 10:39, a.l.e wrote:
> > bonjour eric,
> >

> >> A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 B5 B4 B3 B2 B1 with all the B
> >> pages rotated 180° So you can open it to doc
> >> A on one side, and to doc B on the other.
> >>
> >> How do I set up Scribus to handle that kind
> >> of booklet ?
> >
> > i would not do it in scribus but...
>
> Well, being a linux-only shop, there aren't
> tons of print quality DTP tools available ;-)

With Slackware plus my own downloads I have
pdftotext, pdftk, the Gvim editor, Gimp,
Inkscape the huge Texlive suite and many others. I
think I would attack the OP's quest with bursting
the document to individual pages using pdftk,
sorting them in reverse order, and write a script
to rotate them 180 and so on.

This is just for me and not you, but I might
write a program in COBOL to do the manipulations
of the pages just to save time.

 John Culleton Wexford Press
Free list of books for self-publishers:
http://wexfordpress.net/shortlist.html
Updated PDF e-book: "Create Book Covers with
Scribus 1.4.5" coming soon at
http://www.booklocker.com/!