[scribus] Adding text and images to scribus

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon May 4 00:04:26 UTC 2015

On 05/03/2015 10:19 AM, Darius Blaszyk wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> Is it somehow possible with scribus to add text to a document using
> python and get the metrics back? I would like to add text to an
> automatic text frame but I need to know the X and Y position of the last
> character in the text to do some other layout calculations.

I don't think there is a way to automatically get a value. One thing to
consider is that when you talk about the position of the last character,
you might be talking about an edge of the visible part or the edge of
the boundary of the glyph.

I workaround may be to create a vertical and horizontal guides, moving
them back and forth to the point you're interested in, then check the
measurements of the guides.

You might also notice that the mouse cursor shows its X-Pos/Y-Pos
coordinates in the bottom bar of the window, if this is precise enough
(maybe with zooming in?).

Greg