[scribus] Question

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Thu Mar 19 09:38:22 UTC 2015

Le 19/03/2015 10:10, Craig Bradney a écrit :

>> Message to the devs : http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=10557 is a request
>> to make this common action more UI-easy
> I kind of get that.. but why wouldn’t you use the already existing functionality of Item-> Create Item and create the items over the pages all in one go ?
Amof i allways forget this menu entry that also does the trick !

It's probably because allthough very convenient for top left margins full width full height frames,
it's not so convenient for frames that are in odd positions and odd sizes :
it would require to know before hand the precise x and y coordinates and width and height.
How would i know that ?

I guess most of us dont compute some theoretical values for these x, y, w and h.
We know by looking in the Property Palette !
Hence there IS to be a first item created, that is then duplicated.
Beside, its possible to duplicate a whole set of items together,
like an image frame and its label text frame.

item > create is closer to theoretical positionning
like writing some code
when duplicating is closer to more common, intuitive and art-friendly wysiwyg.

JL