[scribus] Spell Check not working.

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Tue Mar 10 23:25:05 UTC 2015

On Mon, 09 Mar 2015 23:59:07 +0200
Ian Whitfield <whitfield at telkomsa.net> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I recently got the Spell Checker working fine in Scribus but after my
> last upgrade - to 1.4.4-2 - it no longer works!!
>
> I have re-installed aspell and the English Dictionary but Shift-F7
> (or the menu option) no longer work.

Hi,

This problem happened to another user earlier, but cannot find the
emails.

Check your preferences under Spelling (Hyphenation and Spelling) and
see if it points to your /usr/share/myspell/your_language (en_US in my
case) and check in fact that it is there

I also found I was using /home/owen/.scribus/dicts/en_GB, the colour
was right! But have no idea how it got there

--

Owen