[scribus] applying mask to all pages.

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sat Mar 7 21:09:28 UTC 2015

On Sat, 07 Mar 2015 16:57:08 -0500
Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> On 03/07/2015 01:50 PM, John Culleton wrote:
> > I am importing over 200 pdf pages into a
> > series of scribus 1.5.0 documents, 20 at a
> > time. The pdf documents were created in
> > MSWierd with the little tic marks at the
> > corners and little round symbols outside the
> > edge of each margin.
> >
> > As it happens the Scribus 1.5.0 documents have
> > slightly larger page size than the input
> > pages so these unwanted markings show up. I
> > have been covering them up with white graphic
> > patches, one at a time.
> > Master pages appear under the imported pages,
> > and not over so that is no help.
> >
> > Is there another way to set up these pages
> > that will cover up these marks? I suppose I
> > could set up in my sample file a single page
> > with these coverup patches on an upper layer
> > and then dupe these pages 20 times but that
> > would require me to import about 60 pages
> > already in sla files.
> >
> > Any other thoughts?
> >
> Just like other vector files, PDFs imported to
> 1.5.0 are editable. As a vector file, it
> consists of grouped objects, and likely groups
> of groups. So ungroup the imported PDF, click
> on the item of interest (you may have to
> unselect the original first), and see whether
> it needs to be ungrouped further. Even text
> will look like a text frame, but it will be an
> ungroupable object, down to its individual
> glyphs.
>
> Greg
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

> Unlimited Disk, Data Transfer, PHP/MySQL Domain
> Hosting http://www.doteasy.com

That will be useful information beyond just the
crop marks. I forgot yht ai don't have to redo
the pages already done because I have already
populated them with little graphic frames
covering up the offending items, one at a time.
And for the future I have created a file with
two layers etc. But there will be occasions when
I need to add a correction to a page. Ungrouping
is the answer.

As always, thanks for your help.

Who says you can't teach an old canine new tricks!

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press