[scribus] import xml to 1.5.0

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Tue Mar 3 16:38:02 UTC 2015

On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 10:10:39 -0500
Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> On 03/03/2015 08:18 AM, John Culleton wrote:
> >
> > I tried importing a Libre office odt file but
> > 1.5.0 said it was in the wrong format. I tried
> > both opening the file in Scribus and
> > importing it as text.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> save as text from LO.
>
> Greg
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

> Unlimited Disk, Data Transfer, PHP/MySQL Domain
> Hosting http://www.doteasy.com

I've done that. but much of the layout gets
lost. And things like table of contents gets
distorted.  If this were just a text file, but it
isn't.

So is the odt import feature not workable? If so
please just say so. How about xml? docx? I am
already pursuing the text route from text files
extracted from a pdf file. But progress is very
slow.

Just FYI I broke the pdf file apart into one-page
segments using pdftk and converted each of those
to individual text files. Wrote a cobol program
just to reduce the 200 plus pdf pages to text.
Then I am importing these text pages into Scribus
1.5.0 and formatting those pages by hand. I tried
pasting the individual pdf pages directly into
Scribus 1.5.0 as graphics but the reproduction was
lousy.

This is not my first rodeo. But I am really
stymied by this project.

The document has lots of embedded and
half-way embedded sidebars and a
recurrent graphic file that neither I nor the
author has a copy of.

And I have to do a cover (no problem there) and
an index.

Thanks for your patience and help.

--
John Culleton