[scribus] Problem with unlinking pages.

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Mar 1 18:42:48 UTC 2015

On 03/01/2015 08:39 AM, John Culleton wrote:
> I broke my current project up into 50 page
> segments and imported a block of text into each.
> After I dispersed the text into the proper pages
> via linking I want to unlink the pages to make
> editing go faster. But then all the text is
> attributed to the first page. I have inserted
> frame breaks at the end of each page but that
> doesn't help with the unlinking problem.
>
> Any hints?

I guess I would begin at the end. Work your way backwards, by unlinking
at some sensible point, such as end of a chapter or section, then paste
and eliminate up to the correct point. 50+ pages of text uninterrupted
by some sort of divisions is a bit mind-numbing anyway.

Breaking up the project to smaller chunks also allows you to see and
deal with widows and orphans problems without creating cascading
problems downstream.

Greg