[scribus] How to import SVG files using a script

Tornóci László tornoci.laszlo at med.semmelweis-univ.hu
Sun Jun 28 11:30:05 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 06/28/2015 09:48 AM, JLuc wrote:
> Le 28/06/2015 09:24, Tornóci László a écrit :
>> I have a bunch of SVG files (actually QR codes produced with an
>> external tool) that I want to import into my scribus
>> document. It works perfectly well manually. However, it is very boring
>> and error prone to do it that way (select the
>> proper page, proper SVG file, position it, scale it for every page).
>> How can I do this using a script?
>
> Simple : it requires you to find a script that does it, or to write it,
> and last to use it.
>
> I advise you to start with the 1st step : search scripts on the wiki.

Thanks for the advice, but of course, I've done it already, with no
luck. That's why I ask. An undocumented importSVG function is mentioned
here:

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Making_a_Pie_Chart

but I get an error trying to use that (in scribus 1.4.5). There are lots
of things you can do with scripts, but I am not even sure importing SVG
files is supported at this time.

Laszlo