[scribus] text flow around another text frame. (Scribus 1.4.6)

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Jun 25 22:50:11 UTC 2015

On 06/25/2015 04:37 PM, John Culleton wrote:
> This has been discussed before I am sure, but I
> can't find the magic formula. I want text to flow
> around another text frame. I got that to work.
> But T want a little offset so that when the text
> flows it doesn't run up right next to the other
> frame. Step by step what do I need to do?

I haven't had to do this for several years, but back in 2011, this worked:

To get margins around a text box, go to Properties, give the line a
color of Black, and a width of either one or two points.  Then go to
Shape.  Select Use Contour Line and Edit.  Check Edit Contour Line and
click on the left-hand box for the bottom row.  Set the number of points
you want around the box, click on End Editing and exit Properties.

To get margins inside a text box, go to Properties, Text and open the
Columns drop down.  Move the right/left margins up from 0 points, as needed.