[scribus] Building bleeding edge dev version 1.5.1 on OSX

Kunda Loves Scribus scribus.user at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 15:21:17 UTC 2015

Hello Community,

So as you heard from Christoph, there are some nice features being added to
Scribus in 1.5.1. There are also huge changes to the code base being made
by Andreas. So the 1.5.1 trunk we've been warned will be subject to all
sorts of breakage.

Nonetheless, if you were interested to follow the development, you can
easily (depending on your level of comfort) do so on MacOSX. I have been
maintaining a Homebrew formula that does just this. The instructions how to
do this are at: https://github.com/scribusproject/homebrew-scribus

Some things to consider:
* 1.5.1 is unstable and subject to be very broken. It is recommended to not
use it for production. Scribus team or myself are not responsible for any
problems to software or hardware caused by running this build.
* The devs are not involved with the Homebrew build. No bugs about the
build are to be reported in Scribus bug tracker. Instead please report them
in the Scribus Homebrew repo issue queue:
https://github.com/scribusproject/homebrew-scribus/issues
* 1.5.1 is not backward compatible. Backup any files you have before you
open them in 1.5.1
* As much as this sounds complex for some of you, it's actually quite
straight forward and easy to use. If you have any questions feel free to
email: kunda _at_ scribus dot net

Cheers!
/Kunda