[scribus] Export Article

David Burleigh david.burleigh at gmx.com
Tue Jun 9 09:22:31 UTC 2015

Is there any way to export the text of an article, including footnotes,
from a Scribus layout? I know I can copy & paste from the edit text
window, but that results in the "@" character appearing wherever there
is a footnote reference, and there is no obvious way to capture the
referenced footnote text. This feature would be very valuable because
as a publication goes through the proofreading process and corrections
are applied, the edited article becomes out of sync with the original
document in one's article repository.

The other option would be to be able to make the corrections to the
original document (in my case, a LibreOffice document) and have them be
automatically applied to the Scribus layout, just as changes made with
Gimp to an image are reflected in the layout.