[scribus] formatted text not being copied as expected

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Wed Jul 22 20:18:21 UTC 2015

Dear list,

when preparing small flyers, I normally do all my layout on the left
side of a landscape A4 sheet. When all is well, I select the entire
layout and copy+move it 148,5 mm over. That way I can print two copies
per sheet of paper. I have done this with Corel Draw for many years.

Now with Scribus I discover that copying a formatted text (for example
my heading with kerning and some "advanced settings") does lose a lot of
its formatting during the copy process:
	I like to use > Item > Multiple Duplicate > Shift Created Items by...

 because that gives me control over where my copy will be placed.

I am using Scribus 1.4.5 and I am not ready to go 1.5 for my production
machine.

If you want to try, just make a text, for example a heading and tweak it
as you like it (I have for example centred, several spaces in a certain
position and AV -4% on the entire headline). Then just
Multiple-Duplicate a copy right underneath the original and you will see
that the copy has shifted the text rather badly (while keeping font,
font-size and other formatting).

Is this a bug?

Is there an official way to copy formatted text without losing my work?

Is there a way to assign a style(name) to an existing object (for
example a text) so that I could call on that style for any copy?

thank you for your help,

Martin

--
ZASKE Martin