[scribus] Automatic textframes and master pages

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Jul 20 23:23:15 UTC 2015

On 07/20/2015 04:55 PM, Darius Blaszyk wrote:

>> On 20 Jul 2015, at 09:04, a.l.e <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:
>>
>> hi darius
>>
>> i would suggest you to rather create a set of guides on the master page and use the shift-click feature (holding down the shift key while in "text tool mode": click inbetween the guides to fill them) to fast fill your pages.
>>
>> if you're using 1.5 you can even select the last text frame in the chain, press "n" (next chain) and shift click on the next page...
>>
>> most of the time it's faster to add new items that way, rather than fight to tweak the ones that have been automatically removed.
>> not all the time, but most of the time :-)
>>
>> ciao
>> a.l.e
>>
> Thanks Ale! I did’t know this was possible. It’s exactly what I need.

Here's something else that may prove useful.
Let's imagine that you are making a left master page that to a large
extent is a mirror image of a right master page, as far as placement goes.

In this situation, you could select all the items (hold down Shift while
left-clicking), then copy (Ctrl+C), then go to your new master page and
paste (Ctrl+V) -- may need to adjust the overall position of your
selected objects if margins are asymmetric. Then, while they are still
selected, click to flip them horizontally (an item in the Properties
palette X,Y,Z tab).

Now, here's the cool thing: a script that will flip back each object in
your collection, while keeping the X-Pos and Y-Pos of each item the same.

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Un-Flip_all_Selected_Items

For the right situation, this could be a big timesaver.

Greg