[scribus] Automatic textframes and master pages

Darius Blaszyk dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Mon Jul 20 05:20:49 UTC 2015

Craig Bradney schreef op 19 jul '15:

>> On 19 Jul 2015, at 22:04, Darius Blaszyk <dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl> wrote:
>>
>> I'm wondering how automatic text frames work? Is it possible to use
>> them in templates? I'm asking because for a small project I'm working on
>> a design with a different left and right page alignment. I thought of
>> creating a left and right master page, but when I create a new
>> masterpage I cannot select the automatic text frame anymore. Is there a
>> way to setup a normal text frame as automatic? Or am I missing something
>> obvious here?
>
> Automatic text frames are a once off setting from the new file dialog. They auto create text frames the size of margins on every page. Its a per document setting, not a per page setting.

I have a manuscript of about 50 pages. Next to that I want to add a
second column with additional information and images. The pages have a
left and right layout. How would I go about this? For the main text I
would like to use an automatic text frame. The other column can be a
normal text frame.

Darius