[scribus] Getting my script into the distribution.

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Thu Jul 9 13:38:16 UTC 2015

On Mon, 6 Jul 2015 19:57:00 -0500
Kunda Loves Scribus <scribus.user at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > But that may be 5 years from now
> > and I may not live that long. In August 2015 I
> > will be 83 years old.
> >
> > But that is my problem, not yours.
>

> Hi John,
>
> I will be part of your contribution to
> posterity! Provide a link to the script and
> I'll get it in to the script repository. Also
> if you have screenshots of it's results, I'll
> take those as well.
>
> /Kunda

Thanks for your offer! I apologize for my
tardy response, but an impatient customer, an
equally impatient spouse and various domestic
chores has kept me busy.

There are two scripts, one for inchers and one
for the mm crowd. Here are the links:
http://www.wexfordpress.com/softcover_inch.py
http://www.wexfordpress.com/softcover_mm.py

I also created a sample of a completed template
using the "inch" version. I specified 200 pages, 5
inch width, 8 inch height, 513 ppi paper,
0.012 inch cover thickness.
The resulting layout is shown here:
http//www.wexfordpress.com/create2.jpg
The last window of the stream of windows
displayed is left on the screen.

I think the scripts are self-explanatory but if
you don't then I will add comment lines to each
window that appears. I am an old programmer but a
total newbie with python: these are the first two
python programs I have ever attempted.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press