[scribus] Welsh hyphenation (Was: scribus Digest, Vol 88, Issue 9)

William Bader williambader at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 8 18:12:23 UTC 2015

> Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 15:16:23 +0100
> From: wena-parry at talktalk.net
> To: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Subject: Re: [scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 88, Issue 9
>
> My project deadline; translating is very tit. But I will have a look at it, and William has had a go, but what I saw i didn't think it to be correct.
>
> But I find it very interesting.
>
> I shall take a copy of "Llanfair PG" (that's the short version for an expert opinion on sunday)
>
> Wena
I added the dictionary as a separate downloadable file in http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=13210
It just needs to be renamed to hyph_cy.dic and copied to the Windows equivalent of /usr/share/scribus/dicts/ maybe %SCRIBUS_INSTALL_PATH%\share\dicts
It is a pity that it didn't seem to be correct, but maybe if you google for hyph_cy.dic and hyph_cy_GB.dic you might find a pattern file that works better.
In English, purely algorithmic hyphenation (in any application) does not always work correctly either and needs to be augmented with exception dictionaries.
Regards,William