[scribus] Forced hyphenation?

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Thu Jul 2 09:19:33 UTC 2015

Le 02/07/2015 10:45, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :
> Well, strange though...
> The dictionary is correct: German

The paragraph style also includes a "language" parameter.
Be carefull that all your paragraph syles define it to "german".

(rq : Even so i'm not sure scribus hyphens are correct.)

> Then I added a simple "-" after "Wirtschafts", and BINGO! Now it divides at my "-" and did not add any other hyphens
> anymore...

This is where you can add "soft hyphens"
wherever you want.
To do a soft hyphen, do CTRL+SHIT+- instead of plain -
Soft hyphens are only cutting the word when required :
depending of surrounding text
it wont print when hyphen is not required,
but will be print and cut the word when required.

JL