[scribus] Default font for Story editor.

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Wed Jul 1 01:16:55 UTC 2015

On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 14:29:45 -0400
John Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com> wrote:

Lots snipped

> the /homedirectory/.scribus/scribus150.rc file is
> a key part of the the issue. The ability to
> go to preferences/fonts and mark fonts as
> unwanted exists in 1.4.X but not in 1.5.x So I
> deleted many of the unwanted fonts, deleted the
> scribus150.rc file, and reran my nightly compile
> of 1.5.*.

When you start Scribus, it runs around looking for new fonts. So
deleting them from the rc file is an exercise in futility.

> The scribus150.rc file was recreated with the
> deleted fonts missing. But how do I establish my
> favorite font as the default in the story
> editor?

Without an new document opem (I think), go to
File->Preferences->User_Interface->Story_Editor

Select the font you desire. Typing the story editor will then be in
that font.

However when you click on the "Green tick" (insert into document) the
default character style will be applied to the text in the text frame.

To change this, go to Edit->Preferences->Item_Tools->Text and select
your desired font

Owen