[scribus] Printing service problem with Scribus

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Jan 13 16:12:24 UTC 2015

On 01/13/2015 09:38 AM, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
> Nice idea with a shell script, but I guess that wasn't the problem here.
> It was about the main font used, and I checked for it right now, so no
> indication I forgot.

One thing to do is to look at the PDF under Adobe Reader and see what it
tells you about fonts. It should indicate if they are there or not.

There may be some truth to printers having a bad opinion about Scribus,
but this is likely a cover for their own inadequacies and lack of
knowledge, as well as perhaps some laziness in not keeping their own
software up to date.

When we sent the PDF of the Scribus manual and it didn't work at first,
he was able to figure out why. IIRC, we ended up having to outline some
fonts to get it to work.

Greg