[scribus] Printing service problem with Scribus

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Tue Jan 13 15:36:52 UTC 2015

The first guy said, they make another run after this, sometimes that
> produces errors. The second guy said, "system says there was a PDF error,
> was corrected, so print should be good now".

They (neither the printer nor the RIP manufacturer) probably don't want to
confess that their RIP is not fully capable of handling PDFs. If you look
at all different PDF viewers out there almost none of them (except Adobe
Reader) can handle all PDF features. So why would RIP software be an
exception?

Doesn't Adobe provide some kind of PDF compatibility assessment for RIPs
and similar? Maybe we should start asking printers for Adobe Certified RIPs?

Ask them what the error was (you can say that you want to tell the Scribus
developers so they can improve Scribus).

/Peter