[scribus] question about selectText() and setStyle()

iv gan devif0 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 00:26:52 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am trying to make a small program (slightly modify the CalendarWizard, to
be more precise, to fill my needs) and am running into a problem.

A page is split into cells, each of which contains the date of the month.
For couple of dates, an additional text should be added (an event or
something).

Two different styles are available -- one for the date and one for the
event name.

Here is the logic that I try to put in place:

setText (day,cel)
selectText(0,len(day),cel)
setStyle(self.pStyleDate)
insertText(str('\n'), -1, cel)
insertText(str(self.events[ev]), -1, cel)
selectText(len(day), len(str(self.events[ev]).encode('iso-8859-5')),  cel)
setStyle(self.pStyleEvent)

I am unable to have a correctly formatted text. Could someone help please.
If you need, I can give you the exact method calls.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,