[scribus] Editing a book, any hints or gothchas?

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Feb 25 14:03:20 UTC 2015

hi
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2015 13:26:28 +0100
> "a.l.e" <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:
>
>> hi

>>> Is there any technical reason why it isn't
>>> possible to enable automatic text frames
>>> after a document have been created? Or is it
>>> just a matter of lack of developer time for
>>> that feature?
>>>
>> in my eyes, it should only be possible to set
>> it in the document settings and not in the new
>> file dialog.
>>
>> who thinks about it, when creating the file?
>>

> Well I do.

i never had a doubt that you would :-)

more seriously: of course, if you plan your work well, at the time
you're creating the file you know that you want autofilling columns. and
you know their size.
but, in my eyes, the user would be better off by first creating the
document and then going to the the document settings.

he would not lose much time, and a lean UI would allow everybody to be
faster by being able to focus on what matters most of the time.
and if you always have the same columns, you should setup a template.

the experience shows, that even by making it so prominent, most people
don't discover the option by themselves and have to ask.

ciao
a.l.e