[scribus] Blank Preview

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Tue Feb 10 18:39:06 UTC 2015

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 14:24:25 -0500
"Ana Ferrer" <ana at movers.com> wrote:

> I had no problem printing my document
> yesterday, it's not the fonts. I can see the
> text on the document, I can add more images,
> and I can edit what's there as much as I want.
> But, as soon as I select "View >>> Preview
> Mode" the document turns blank. It all
> disappears in front of my eyes.  I've exported
> to PDF at least three different times today and
> my colleagues have opened up blank PDF files in
> Acrobat.

MOre info is helpful. What flavor to Scribus are
you using, on what platform and have you updated
anything besides Ghostscript? I usually recommend
installing Ghostscript, Imagemagick, TeX and Gimp
first and then installing Scribus. If you did
things in a different order perhaps you should
reinstall the latest stable Scribus, which is
either 1.4.4 or 1.4.5 (I use 1.4.6.) again.

 John Culleton
Wexford Press Free list of books for
self-publishers:
http://wexfordpress.net/shortlist.html Updated
PDF e-book: "Create Book Covers with Scribus
1.4.5" coming soon at http://www.booklocker.com/!