[scribus] Blank Preview

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Tue Feb 10 18:11:54 UTC 2015

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 13:43:57 -0500
"Ana Ferrer" <ana at movers.com> wrote:

> I'm having issues exporting, printing and
> previewing my document. When I switch over to
> preview mode the document becomes blank. It
> prints blank pages. It exports blank pages and
> blank images. How do I fix this?
>

> Ana Ferrer
>
> Content Writer
>
> NGA Group, Inc.
> 827 Ridgewood Ave., Bldg 5A
>
> North Brunswick, NJ 08902
>  <mailto:gv at movers.com> ana at movers.com
>
> Office Direct: (732) 993-9774
>

> For All Your Moving Needs
>
>  <http://www.facebook.com/moverscom>
> <http://instagram.com/moverscom/>
> <https://twitter.com/moverscom>
> <https://www.youtube.com/user/MoversCom>
>

> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> unsubscribe:
> See also: http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

There are many virtues to Scribua 1.4.5. But
printing a book directly from Scribus is not one
of them.

Instead export your book as a pdf file and then
view that pdf file in Acrobat Reader (free
program). If it looks ok there then you can
go to print.

Fonts can be a problem, especially the 16 free
fonts found in many desktop printers. Also the
free fonts that come with MSWindows are best
avoided. Scribus comes with many free fonts that
are useful and a whole gaggle of fonts set up for
Oriental languages that you can skip over
(unless of course you happen to need them.) Try
the Deja Vu family or the Liberation family or
the Numbus family and If you get blank pages in
Acrobat Reader visit the Properties choice under
the File Menu of AR and look in to the Fonts
submenu under that. It is my wild guess that some
or all of the fonts you are using are not
embedded. The above mentioned Fonts submenu will
answer that question.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press