[scribus] Request: Draft Script modification

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Mon Feb 9 09:59:48 UTC 2015

On Mon, 9 Feb 2015 07:14:09 +0100
Peter Nermander <peter at nermander.se> wrote:

> > The solution doesn't require changing the script.
> > On an individual document, run the script on a blank page.
> > Now, from the menu, Page > Convert to Master Page...
> > Give it a name like Draft.
> > Now you can go back to the page you ran the script and delete that
> > page or the object if you wish, and apply the Draft Master Page how
> > you like. One thing this illustrates is that Master Pages can have
> > layers.
> >

> That works fine if you want the watermark on a blank Master Page. But
> what if you want to apply the watermark to a Master Page that already
> has contents?

I  had a IR chat with Kunda about this script.

My view was that as written, the script was intended as an educational
introduction into python and the Scripter API, just as a few others in
that section.

If you wanted to make a master page do as Greg says or some other
variation

As the "DRAFT" is on its own layer, it can be moved to the scrap book
and placed back on any other page you want. But you probably wouldn't
do that as there would be easier ways of getting "DRAFT" onto a
document.

--

Owen