[scribus] "The Official Scribus Manual" as an e-book

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Wed Feb 4 14:41:51 UTC 2015

On Wed, 4 Feb 2015 16:24:02 +0530
Bhishma dasa <bhishma.bvks at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi, folk!
>
> where may i get "The Official Scribus Manual"
> as an e-book (or pdf file)?
>
> thanks in advance!
>
> truly,
> bhishma.
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

I don't believe you can.  It is a book sold for
money. It dates back to 1.3.3.x era.I own it and
also a newer tutorial by Cedric Gemy called
Scribus 1.3.5 Beginners Guide. The product itself
comes with an interactive online guide. You could
try printing it out page by page. But serious
users usually spring for one or both books.

There is a newer book by an Englishman, forget
his name, that costs $19.95 . He just published
using Createspace. The page count is 198 or
thereabouts. I ordered it and will report on its
merits later. The other two mentioned above are
well worth having.

My own inexpensive pdf on "Creating Book Covers
with Scribus" is obsolete and has been withdrawn.
I am rewriting it to match up to version 1.4.6
and to my templating script written with plenty of
help called "softcover_inch.py". But it is not and
won't be a comprehensive guide but a tutorial on
one type of output. I aim at about 100 pages.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press