[scribus] add unstable scribus to fedora repository

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Tue Dec 15 13:43:25 UTC 2015

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 10:05:50 +0100
JLuc <jluc at no-log.org> wrote:

> Le 10/12/2015 00:46, John Culleton a écrit :
> > I think the Scribus team
> > would be doing users a service if they simply
> > marked 1.5.0 as "stable" which it is, or at
> > least as stable as the "stable" 1.4.3 version.
>  > I run 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 with no current
>  > problems from either.
>
> I also think it would be a very nice xmas gift
> for the users.
>
> However, some of the new features are not
> really "stable" : footnotes and marks can still
> lead to crash and are bugy in some situations,
> and some new features dont work or not well :
> widow and ophans control (do any of you manage
> to use it ?) other paragraph effets... and it
> seems the new tables are not finished, which
> could be a strong deterrent for some table
> users.
>
> I use 1.5 since 2 or 3 years for production
> work now, but i'm carefull to not use these
> features. When 1.5 were labelled 'stable',
> these features should be somehow marked
> 'unstable'...
>
> JLuc
>

> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

There are horses for courses as my father used to
say. If the job at hand requires footnotes, a
multilevel TOC, automatic widow and orphan
control, a bibliography, an index and so on I
use some form of TeX. But if the job requires
lots of illos and text blocks embedded in the
main text etc. or else a perfect book cover, then
Scribus is my choice.

Sometimes use both on the same book, Scribus for
layout and a parallel TeX file derived from the
Scribus pdf converted to text for indexing.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press