[scribus] Installing 1.5 on older system

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Thu Dec 10 14:53:38 UTC 2015

Am 10.12.2015 13:49, schrieb JLuc:
> Le 10/12/2015 12:51, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :
>> Slightly off-topic, but on the other hand... Just had this idea: I
>> work on a Suse 12.1 here in the office, and it
>> doesn't have qt5. But I would like to install Scribus 1.5 on it.
>
> Is it a 64 bit machine and distro ?
>
> then try probono link :
>
> <quote>
> Maybe you are interested in the Scribus AppImage which is built from
> svn and will run on most desktop distributions including Fedora 23
> https://github.com/probonopd/AppImages/releases
> </quote>
>
> and tell us how it happens to be for your OS.
>
> JL

Yeah, great! Runs like a charm - though... there are some glitches:
System font (menues) looks like in TWM or Win3.1, and in the properties
dialogue the icons are missing, some menues haven't been translated yet...

I guess that's normal, but all-in-all a great thing! Thank you for the
tip, I'll test it more thoroughly later.

Regards
Rolf