[scribus] compatibility concerns

Burgess Burgess mescottyb34 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 4 01:13:52 UTC 2015

Hi Greg -I need to clarify. I've been lead to believe Scribus is very much like
the Adobe InDesign page layout program for books and magazines. If I'm wrong, please inform me. When I say does Scirbus "support" Photoshop Elements, I don't mean monetarily, I mean can I take my Photoshop image and "upload" it or "place" it into the page layout of Scribus and save the eventual book as a PDF. If I'm wrong about Scribus being a page layout program (or whatever it's called, subscription, etc.) then I'll know I must move on to the Adobe products. But one man in the Adobe forums suggested Scribus for the fact that he uses Photoshop Elements and Scribus to make his books. Semantics and lack of phone conversations has proven to be a hindrance in getting seemingly simple questions answered. But I'll continue "learning" until I get the definitive answers. Thanks. Scott