[scribus] export problems in PDF

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Fri Aug 28 11:18:14 UTC 2015

Zoom further in and recheck. I suspect you are experiencing side effect of
> font outlining. Try printing document and, if I am right, observe the
> problem disappears. In that case, embed fonts instead of outlining them.
> You can set that option in PDF export dialog.

To clarify what Vladimir means: Font hinting is most likely lost during the
process of outlining. Font hinting is what is used to make a font appear
well even though the resolution of the screen is to low.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Font_hinting

/Peter