[scribus] Patch submitted for Command Line Arguments to be passed to python script

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Aug 20 01:21:44 UTC 2015

On 08/19/2015 08:49 PM, Kunda Loves Scribus wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 5:42 PM, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:
>
>> On 08/19/2015 04:56 PM, Kunda Loves Scribus wrote:
>>> Heads up everyone (cc William Bader, Juraj, and other pythonistas on the
>>> list)
>>> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=13311
>>>
>>> The ticket includes a proof of concept test python script.
>>>
>>> Lets test this and give the patch author feedback.
>>>

>> It looks like this needs some example scripts to show how the scripts
>> make use of this.
>>
>> Greg
>>

> Download the script cmdtest.py from bugtracker
> (http://bugs.scribus.net/file_download.php?file_id=7530&type=bug)
> Compile Trunk with patch and run Scribus from CLI with the following
> command:
> scribus -g -py ~/cmdtest.py --python-arg-arg1 value1 --python-arg--flag1
> --python-arg-v value2

I was hoping for scripts that might actually do something useful, rather
than just demonstrate that the process works.

Can it create a doc, make a text frame, pull in text from a file, make
an image frame, and pull in an image from a file? These kinds of things
might be a bare minimum starting point to imagine why someone might want
to do this and see value in it.

Greg