[scribus] scribus menubar icons in svg form.

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sat Aug 8 20:52:08 UTC 2015

On Sat, 8 Aug 2015 12:32:19 -0400
William Bader <williambader at hotmail.com> wrote:

> > Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 10:28:38 -0400
> > From: John at wexfordpress.com
> > To: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> > Subject: [scribus] scribus menubar icons in
> > svg form.
> >
> > I am still searching for the svg versions of
> > the menu bar icons as used in 1.5.1. I need
> > them for a guide I am writing. Can anyone
> > point me in the right direction? I have
> > looked
> > in /usr/local/src/s151/svn/resources/iconsets/1_5_1
> > and searched for similar names online with
> > svg suffixes but that didn't yield useful
> > results.
> >

> > --
> > John Culleton
> > Wexford Press
> > Book layout, typesetting and Indexing
> > Free list of books for self-publishers:
> > http://wexfordpress.net/shortlist.html
>
> In scribus/actionmanager.cpp , it looks like
> the menu items are built with PNG files.  If
> you don't have the source, there is an old copy
> at
> http://sourceforge.net/p/scribus/gsoc11tables/ci/b51a79ae19861b830948f1033f81e118d9ad5ab2/tree/Scribus/scribus/actionmanager.cpp

I was able to track down the old icons as used in
Scribus 1.5.0 and earlier in a gnome collection.
There they have svg versions of the icons used in
1.5.0. But scribus 1.5.1 has a new set of icons,
apparently not related to the gnome set. I am
hoping that they started out in life as svg files.

It is possible to run Scribus 1.5.1 using the old
Gnome set of icons. I will write my guide using
those icons. If and when some kind soul comes up
with the svg version of the 1.5.1 icons I
will redo my guide substituting new for old.

Thanks for your efforts.