[scribus] Missing Fonts in PDF

Jean-Luc Waber jlwaber at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 15:06:21 UTC 2015

Hi again,

I received a new message from the printer:
> Your fonts are embedded in PDF not as full font information but only
> as so called "subset". Until now we have considered PDF like that as
> not perfect for printing.

They updated their printer software and it seems that they can work with
it now. But I still wonder what the difference is. Is Scribus producing
a PDF with less information (subset) than ID or other DTP software (full
font information)?

Or is this just one printer's opinion?

Or is this a result of using TT-fonts, versus other fonts (OTF,
PS-Type-1, ...)?

Thanks for your help.

Jean-Luc