[scribus] Linux Ubuntu & Mint: Export in PDF in CMYK color mode (printer) is not giving a correct result

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Sat Apr 4 19:53:51 UTC 2015

Le 04/04/2015 20:47, Vladimir Savic a écrit :
> On Apr 4, 2015 7:27 PM, "JLuc" <jluc at no-log.org> wrote:
>>
>> Le 04/04/2015 15:19, Eric Dodémont a écrit :
>>>
>>> I forgot to mention that the color management is disabled (no ICC
> profile).
>>

>> I dont see how to expect color to be well managed
>> without color management and with no ICC profile...
>> except by chance.
>> But maybe there is a trick !
>>

> Hi,
>
> You are right, but nothing there explains this:
>
> "I also tried Scribus (v1.4.5) under Windows 7, and the CMYK color mode is
> giving a correct result."
>
> If scribus behavior differs from one OS to another, that is clearly a bug.

Well, the eye of the viewer doesnt depend on the OS,
but the PDF viewer does.

So the PDFs produced on different OS should be viewed
on the same OS with the same viewer
before concluding, or not, to any differences.

But stranger are the differences between scribus versions on same OS...
unless Éric also changed his PDF viewer inbetween !

JL