[scribus] Editing text boxes at the very bottom of page?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Sep 22 15:46:07 UTC 2014

On 09/22/2014 10:07 AM, Csányi Pál wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to Scribus.
>
> I'm searching a way how can I edit / change the page numbering.
>
> I'm reading the Help but can't figure out the way for that.
>
> What I'm done is the followings.
>
> I created a new document from Templates, the Newsletter_1.
>
> At bottom of an even page are two boxes:
> on the left side there is 'Page 8'    and on the right side there is
> 'Newsletter Header'.
>
> At the bottom af an odd page there are two boxes too:
> 'Issue 1'  and 'Page 9'.
>
> These boxes one can't edit at all.
>
> I tried to find answer in the Help of Scribus but can't find a
> solution out there.
>
> How can I edit or change the content of these boxes?

What you will find is that these items are located on Master Pages. Go
to Edit > Master Pages, and you bring up a dialog with InnerPageRight
and InnerPageLeft, in addition to Normal master pages.

The other thing to know is the generic page number character, which
shows up on the master page as '#', but entered with Insert > Character
> Page Number, or Ctrl+Shift+Alt+P for its keyboard shortcut.

Greg