[scribus] Spellcheck in 1.4.4 not working??

Ian Whitfield whitfield at telkomsa.net
Tue Sep 16 12:32:47 UTC 2014

Hi All

I have just recently upgraded to Scribus 1.4.4 on my PClinuxOS system.

One of the features I was looking for with anticipation was the
Spellchecker - which I understood was working fine in this release of
Scribus.

So after installation I checked that the Dictionary is installed - and
it is - English (South African) en_ZA and it is in the Folder
/home/ianw/.scribus/dicts/. But when I select a Frame with text and
press Shift-F7 I just get an empty Spellcheck Window with the comment
"Spelling Check Complete" - even when there are errors!!??

What am I missing or have got wrong?

Thanks a lot

IanW
Pretoria RSA