[scribus] Libre Calendar 2015

Jehan Pagès jehan.marmottard at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 21:35:11 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I am Jehan, a GIMP developer, and user of Free Software. I really like
Scribus too (I never patched it yet, though it may come some day, as I
use it more and more lately).

Anyway, a small non-profit I manage, association LILA, is organizing
for a month a calendar sale with several artists using Free Software.
http://librecal2015.libreart.info/

The artists are: Patrick David, Aryeom Han, Henri Hebeisen, Gustavo
Deveze and Brian Beck.
Two are photographers, two are illustrators, and one is a 3D graphics
illustrator. All of them use Free Software for their work and all the
artworks in the calendar will be released as Creative Common
Attribution.

A part of the sale profit will go to the artists, and we also want to
donate to a selection of Free Software. Among them, I thought that
Scribus is a good donation target. But I realized that I can't find
any donation information on your webpage. Searching the web, I found
year-old emails saying that an organism able to receive funds was
going to be created, but I can't find if that actually ever happen.

Can the Scribus project receive any donation in a way or another to
help with development?
If not, I'll have to update the website.

In any case, if you like the project, don't hesitate to go and buy a
calendar. :-)
Thanks!

Jehan