[scribus] focusing on what has been undone

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Oct 23 07:39:11 UTC 2014

hi

> > and there are other cases, where i think scribus is not helping me
> > enough, understanding what the undo is doing.
> >

> > what do you think about it?
> >
> > how should scribus behave in such cases?
> >
> > is the current behavior ok for you?
> >

> I guess I wonder why someone would be blindly undo-ing something
> without knowing what they were undoing. You can alway redo if you are
> confused by what may have happened, and there is the Action History,
> which should show you what was done.

i agree with you.

but i still feel better when the undo shows me what
it's doing...

> Could there be a popup that tells you what object was carried out in
> the undo?

as you know i belong to the popup religion.

i believe in the painful death on the cross of the almighty popup.
after three days it rocketed up the sky to its father, freeing us
from the death sin.

we're not allowed to spell its name until the end of times.

but the apocalypse is getting closer: we're all waiting for the day,
when it comes back to us and everything will popup out of the ground and
ask for the final confirmation.

> Let's say you delete an object, and Scribus moves to that
> page...are you going to know what it did? There is no object there
> anymore!

libreoffice write shows the empty place where the frame was.
if you undo/redo a few times you will have a nice handmade animation
showing what has been removed.

ciao
a.l.e