[scribus] scripter: connect the c++/qt slots with a python function

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Oct 13 08:10:32 UTC 2014

dear scribusers

this mail is for the ones among you, who know well python and pyqt...

while working on getting the new scripter to work with python3 and pyqt5
i got stuck at the following point:

https://github.com/aoloe/scribus-plugin-scripter/issues/7

in
https://github.com/aoloe/scribus-plugin-scripter/blob/master/src/python/init_scripter.py#L98

|Scripter.createMenu.connect(createMenu)

is strying to connect the c++ |createMenu()| slot with the python
|createMenu| function.

since qt5 does not accept anymore connection made by passing a string,
we have to correctly make the c++/qt slot available to python/pyqt.

in
https://github.com/aoloe/scribus-plugin-scripter/blob/master/src/python/mikro.py#L391

|for i in range(metaobject.methodCount()):
     meta_method = metaobject.method(i)

correctly sees the signal as a method, but i (we) could not yet find a
way to make it available as a slot inside of pyqt.

does anybody have a clue, how to make the signal go from c++ to python?

ciao
a.l.e