[scribus] Problems setting Prefs using mouse on OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.8 Scribus 1.4.4

Dwain Alford wdalford6 at live.com
Tue Oct 7 16:20:12 UTC 2014

Have no clue what happened. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and same
thing happens. I have used both the dmg and pkg installers. I have also
used the terminal to eradicate remnants of the program from the system.

Here's the problem: If I use the mouse to set the preference, the box is
empty. If I open the drop-down menu, leave the mouse cursor in the box
and use the arrow keys the box is empty. However, if I use the mouse to
open the drop-down box, move the cursor outside the menu and use the
arrow keys, the preference sets.

Why?

I don't know if others using OSX (any flavor) have had this problem, but
I thought it worthy to mention.

Cheers,
Dwain