[scribus] Keep master page logic when modifying page order

Jog Lie deco33000 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 7 10:09:39 UTC 2014

Yes,

The arrange page is a solution but not optimal. I still have to rearrange when in a odd/even logic. If the number of pages to add is even, it is ok but if it is odd (say 3 pages), then troubles are the same.

So I think that for the 1.5.x it would be nice to add an option "keep relative logic" which would follow the already existing layout.
I propose those steps :

1) create your document.
2) create your master pages.
There should have a keyword like "mymaster_O" and "mymaster_E" that will give the engine a hint on what the artist want to do.
The interesting part is "_O" and "_E" for odd and even.
Only one template can be named with "_O" and one with "_E" since they express the whole document logic.
When the engine sees those suffixes, it knows that it is the underlying of the doc.
When you add a page, you don't see the "_E" or "_O" anymore, just the common prefix "mymaster" not to confuse user in the page options. By the way, that option is preselected instead of the "normal" layout".
The pages are automatically adjusted and the following one will follow EXCEPT if they are of a different master name. In which case, they remain untouched.
3) Be happy.

If the document doesn't have those "_E" or "_O", then the current logic is applied. Everyone is satisfied.

It can be a HUGE productivity gain on large document and can tract more users to use Scribus.

Your opinion ?

Thanks