[scribus] Small triangles when gradient diagonally

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Sat Nov 29 12:25:39 UTC 2014

Am 29.11.2014 06:26, schrieb Owen Cook:

>> Sent: Friday, November 28, 2014 at 8:18 PM
>> From: "Rolf-Werner Eilert" <eilert-sprachen at t-online.de>
>> To: scribus at lists.scribus.net
>> Subject: [scribus] Small triangles when gradient diagonally
>>
>> I'm designing a Roll-Up with Scribus, and there is a slight gray
>> gradient I have placed in a text box on the lower-most level.
>>
>> When producing a PDF for preview, on my system there appear 2 white
>> triangles (upper right and lower left) in this box, i. e. you can see
>> how the diagonal gradient is produced by circling its graphical box by
>> 45°. In Scribus I cannot see this, it appears in the PDF only.
>>
>> Obviously, the width isn't adapted enough, so it doesn't fill the whole
>> text box.
>>
>> Thank you for your advice.
>

> Hi Rolf,
>
> I am not sure I understand what you are doing.
>
> I created a text box in 1.4.5 and filled it with a black to white gradient, top to bottom. Then exported it to pdf (1.5)
>
> Could not see any triangles.
>
> Maybe you could post the sla of your problem document?

Sure, I'll attach a version with the background gray only. Just tried it
out, the resulting PDF shows the white edges in the gray box. The one at
lower left is a bit covered by the red strip, but still visible.

Maybe it's a matter of gray color on my screen only when shown as a PDF,
and will not print like this? But how should I know?

Regards
Rolf