[scribus] Save the story editor.

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Mon Nov 24 14:20:05 UTC 2014

On Sun, 23 Nov 2014 18:50:01 -0500
Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> On 11/23/2014 03:38 PM, john Culleton wrote:
> > In 1.4.5 and earlier, when editing text in the
> > story editor, one can highlight a letter or a
> > short string of words and change the font, the
> > size, the status (e.g.italic and/or small
> > caps) and so on. Not so in 1.5.0.  The icons
> > are there for e.g., small caps but they don't
> > work like they used to. With each line of
> > text it is all or nothing.
> >
> I'm not finding this to be the case at all. I
> just experimented with some sample text in
> 1.5.0svn in Story Editor, and could make
> artificial or real small caps, italics, bold,
> etc., on some highlighted text and not affect
> the remainder of the paragraph at all.
>
> Greg

On my latest overnight it works as you say. Must
have been some flaw in my technique. Or a bad
compile somehow.

I am once again happy with 1.5.0. But I will
finish my current project with 1.4.5.

The only thing I mourn is the loss of access to
the Style Editor directly from the Story Editor.
But that boat sailed long ago.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press